Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Free Spirit


It's been a long week. I flew home to Toronto this weekend for my grandma's funeral. She passed away last week, at a young 102. She really was the most amazing woman I've ever met. She was incredibly elegant and stylish, and even after 100 years of life, she still made the effort to look her best. Always laughing, smiling and happy- not to mention super active and exuberant! She always had some life advice to offer, which was somehow always relevant. She just knew. When I think about all the things she lived through in Poland (both wars, escaping with 5 small children...) it's just crazy. I'm so happy to have known her for so much of my life and although I'll miss her, I know she's so happy now, forever! I love you, Babcia. XOX

4 comments:

A New England Girl said...

Aw, doll... I am sorry to hear about your lovely grandma's passing, but I am SO thrilled that this was a celebration of an incredible life and lady. She will obviously be missed, but I hope you are comforted in the coming days by all she accomplished, saw and loved in her lifetime. I'm only an email away if you need to chat!

Hugs.
xoxox.

Gerri Ward said...

OMG! I am sooo sorry to hear of your GrandMother's passing! WOW! 102 that is solely WONDERFUL, I can only imagine the stories she could tell!
YOU are solely BLESSED to have her in YOUR LIFE because SHE hasn't LEFT YOU, She's YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL!!!:)
*Gerri

CAC muffin said...

ohhh sweet my heart goes out to you....cherish all the good times, hold them tight and never let go

CAC muffin said...

ohhh sweet my heart goes out to you....cherish all the good times, hold them tight and never let go

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin