Monday, May 5, 2008

Look Out Below!

Today I was walking across campus with Louisa, when all of a sudden we heard a strange popping noise in front of us. Something had fallen out of the sky. We looked at it for a second then looked at each other. It was a small bird! It just fell out of the sky and died, right there in front of us! If this has never happened to you, it is a very traumatic experience. There were so many unanswered questions. Did it have a special health condition? Where was it going when this happened? Was there a significant other? I immediately thought about my dead bird collection. If only I was back home, I could add this little one. I guess I shouldn't say collection. It was more of a special bird cemetary. So I picked up the bird and put it in my bag.
(Aside: I just went to the kitchen and found a dead mouse in the cupboard. Something was in the process of eating its body. Sick. I think I've had enough for one day. I did want to photograph it and post a picture, but my grandma reads this and I don't think she'd approve!)
No, just kidding. I wasn't going to risk smuggling its body across the border. But, I'm definitely going to be a little weary walking outside from now on.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin