Sunday, May 4, 2008

Under the Bed

The other day, our room was smelling like dirty socks. Bad. And it was getting progressively worse. I had just done laundry and couldn't figure out what it was. Finally, it was almost unbearable. I started searching for whatever it was. It smelled like a family of mice (a very large one) had died in some corner and begun to rot.
We eat breakfast in bed everyday (a fun way to start the day!) and sometimes Joe puts his cereal bowl just under the bed. So, recalling this fact, I thought I better check there. I was really hoping I wouldn't find anything. Not so lucky. Somehow, a (very old) bowl, half full of (what used to be) milk had gotten pushed waaay under the bed. I saw it and my heart sank. I was going to have to touch it. I pulled it out and almost threw up. The milk was slightly orange and bubbling as though it was alive. I wanted to keep it in a glass box to show visitors, but the stench was unbearable. I was laughing pretty hard at the whole situation. It was so disgusting that I was very happy when Ben came in so that I could share this find with someone. I am very much one of those people who have to share gross things. I also appreciate other people who feel the need to share their gross finds! Ben found it pretty disturbing and I would have taken it out to the garage to show Joe, but at that point, I was about to throw up and my vision was getting blurry so I poured the bubbling goo into a jar, sealed it and threw it away.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin