Monday, December 3, 2007

Go Bananas!

To preface this post, I have to say that I am a REEEAALLY bad cook/baker!



Yesterday, I made the BEST banana bread ever! I don't know how, but it turned out so yummy! I think it was the recipe I used, combined with a few alterations and additions. (I think this is my biggest downfall- I can NEVER follow a recipe. I always have to change something. No matter how hard I try not to!) So I'll put the recipe here and maybe inspire someone else to make the best banana bread EVER! heheee

1 1/2 C flour (I used half white flour and half whole wheat)
1t baking soda
1t baking powder
1/4t salt
3/4C chocolate chips (I used about a cup and a half- make sure they are milk chocolate!)
3/4C walnuts (or any nuts!)



1/2C butter
1C sugar (I used brown because its sooo much tastier!)
2 eggs
1C mashed bananas (ok, I think this is where the secret lies...I used about 2 1/2 cups!)
TONS of cinammon and vanilla extract!


The short version of the recipe that I made up is:
1. Mix dry stuff
2. Mix wet stuff
3. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees C! (time varies depending on pan you use!)
4. ENJOY BEST BANANA BREAD EVER! :)




(I got the recipe from this guy)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin