Friday, July 31, 2009

Two Thumbs Up...

More, if I had more thumbs!
Our date night was SO much fun! The movie was REALLY good! I highly recommend it! And also, not just for girls- there's enough guy humor in there to make it a perfect balance for everyone. It really is the funniest, cutest movie I've seen in a long time! Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler were both perfect in their roles and they had good chemistry too! So, go see it and let me know if you agree!
For dinner we went to one of my fave places- the Yellow Cup Cafe. It's one of those places where the location kinda sucks (in this teeny strip mall) and it's small, but the menu is EXTENSIVE and DELICIOUS!!! You can definitely find something, no matter what you're craving! (I had meant to take pics of our food, but by the time I remembered, it was gone! I guess it's better this way- I wouldn't want you to drool all over the keyboard:) hehe)
Before the movie, we stopped at my FAVE place- Bulk Barn! for some snacks. This place is AMAZING! It looks slightly ghetto, but you can get pretty much ANYTHING in bulk- including perfect movie treats! Also has baking supplies, grains, soup bases...really, everything! My friends and I even took cake decorating classes there a few years ago. If you live in Canada, go. If not, it's a good enough reason to visit!:) HAPPY FRIDAY LOVERS! Happy LONG weekend (to some of you!)
We're celebrating my friend's birthday tonight (so excited for a GLAM night out!) and then I'm off to the cottage to hang out with my bro and the rest of the fam!
XOX

8 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Sounds like a fabulous time! I love a good girls date night!

Kati said...

Nothing's better than a good night out!

A New England Girl said...

Aww, I am so craving a girlie night out... and I am so looking forward to this movie after your review! :) Hope you have a FAB time tonight!!

Rianna said...

I want to see that film, it looks good. Me and my mum went to see Harry Potter last night and it was awesome! Yellow Cup Cafe looks like a fun place to hang out!
Happy weekend!
Rianna Bethany xxxxxxxxxxxxx
p.s love the header image

Niki said...

Yes, I'm so glad it's a good movie! i'm definitely in the mood for a good rom com.

And yes Vancouver is lovely! I really am lucky to live here. But am very intrigued by Toronto as well.. i imagine it's a fun city to party in!

xx Niki

♥ Marta ♥ said...

This looks like a YEllow cup cafe in etobicoke... I might be wrong? :S

I also loved the movie, it was so cute and hilarious :)

Couture Carrie said...

Fun times! Will have to see that film!

xoxox,
CC

Anonymous said...

BEST DATE EVER!
i miss my hot date ;)
xoxo kt

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin