Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Dress

Yesterday was such a fun day- I got to go wedding dress shopping with a friend who is getting married in April! I've never been dress shopping with anyone before and it was a crazy, fun, slightly overwhelming experience! We all know there are ENDLESS options for brides when it comes to dresses (not to mention everything else wedding related), and you have to find "the one" out of millions that is right for you. Not easy.
Mermaid, princess, a-line, trumpet, short, strapless, halter, one-shoulder...beads, feathers, ruffles, chiffon, bows, crystals...satin, taffeta, silk, crepe, lace, tulle...ivory, white, diamond, champagne, oyster....how is a girl supposed to choose?! I'm definitely having a costume change at mine!
Anyway, we ended up finding her a BEAUTIFUL gown. It's satin, strapless, with a heavily beaded bodice. The skirt is plain satin except for the long train that is slightly embellished. Stunning.
What is your dream gown?!







photos via brides.com

3 comments:

Mona said...

Love your new header;)

Kati said...

I can't really think of my fav bride gown yet!

Gerri Ward said...

OMG! All I know is I want Valentino to make it! ( I know I'm dreaming but I'm still WISHING!)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin